Sunday, August 26, 2007

New signs to announce Flint Hills in Kansas

You have seen it here first.

This past week I traveled to Wichita driving cars for Ed Bozarth. As I was heading south on the turnpike south of Emporia I saw some workers installing a limestone facing like the one pictured. Then returning from Wichita going northbound they were placing another limestone near Matfield Green.Saturday I went to Denver and back delivering a pickup for Bozarth and upon my return I seen where another of the limestone’s was in place just east of Junction City and also one in the westbound side of I-70 just west of the Maple Hill exit. I suspect these limestones will be engraved announcing your entrance into the Flint Hills of Kansas. I took the above picture today just west of Maple Hill. They look to be very attractive signs and should make tourists & Kansan's take notice of the natural beauty of the Flint Hills.

Update Monday August 27. When Mary arrived at work this morning she asked the head of Tourism and she said, "The signs are being done with KDOT money. They will say “Welcome to the Flint Hills”, will be lit, and nicely landscaped around them."

No comments: