Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 1

My stay in Hyder was not great. They party too much for me. Being 66 years old I would much rather sleep. The noise went on until 4AM. The couple in the room above me had trouble standing. I think it was the girl and she must have fell down 5 times and it sounded like she was coming through the floor. So if you plan to stay a Sea Alaska Inn be aware of the bar and they are going to howl. If you want to sleep stay somewhere else.

I left Hyder at 8AM and no rain.
Bear Glacier
From July 1
First time in over a week and I went the entire day without rain and the temperature even got up to 68 for a while. I stopped at Kitwanga for fuel and who should I run across again but Chuck Weaver on his 93 GSPD BMW. He had a gasket leaking oil and the guy at the shop was making a new one. I remembered to take his picture this time.
From Alaska Favorites
From July 1
From Alaska Favorites
From July 1
There is lots of logging going on throughout BC except the sawmill at Kitwanga was closed. These are some pictures of some sawmills today.
From Alaska Favorites
From Alaska Favorites
From Alaska Favorites
From July 1
As I was leaving Prince George for Jasper a sign said no services for over 200 k so I turned around and went to the first station. There I met David Bowers who has been following my posts and is on the way up to Alaska.
From Alaska Favorites
The roads and weather today were super and it was a great day to ride so I went 485 miles and ended up at McBride BC. I will head to Jasper in the morning then down the Icefield highway towards Calgary.

No comments: