Thursday, June 10, 2010

Moorefield, VA to Cloverdale, Indiana

I left Moorefield about 7:45 and arrived in Cloverdale at 5:15 so that is my 8 hour day.  I made 546 miles and went from West Virginia to Maryland, to West Virginia, to Pennsylvania to West Virginia to and through Ohio and into Indiana.  I have been through this area before but it is still pretty.

When I left this morning it was foggy but the visibility wasn't too bad.  The moisture built up on my windshield and visor.  It was cool and when I got to higher elevations even cold.  But that didn't last to long once I was out of the mountains it warmed up and I put on my warm weather riding clothes.  It was really quite comfortable to ride until I got to Indianapolis then it warmed to 91 degrees.  I came through there around 5 o'clock and expected traffic problems but made it through okay.  I stopped about 15 miles south of Indianapolis for the night.  It should be another 550 miles to home so I will sleep in my own bed tomorrow night.  I didn't take any pictures today as I had her in git-r-done gear.  I guess you will need to head out on your own and send me some pictures.  I talked with Jenea and the cherries are ready to pick so I have plans for Saturday morning to pick several gallon. .  Last year I was gone to Alaska and missed out on them.  The year before that I picked and pitted seven gallon. 

I will make one further installment after I arrive home to sum up this wonderful  trip.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments: