Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11

Today went much better than I feared.
From June 11
Joe on left & John on the right. Great guys!
From June 11
I was at Big Sky BMW before they opened and when they arrived John, the lead mechanic, looked at my bike outside where I parked it. He looked underneath and saw a little oil and said it might be a seal leaking and that they didn’t have a clutch in stock. Joe, the service head, said they could get a clutch by tomorrow if needed. Looks like I may have to spend another night. John said to take everything off my bike and he would take it for a test drive. He’s not a very big guy and has a limp. I said it may not slip when it’s cold and he said if it is slipping he will get it to slip. After about a half hour he took it for a spin. When he came back he said he may have fixed it. The hand guard had slipped and was holding the clutch from fully engaging. He wanted me to take it up the mountain for a test ride to see if I could get it to slip after warming it up good. I tried everything I could and it didn’t slip. Thanks to John & Joe for their prompt service. They were booked solid for the day and had one mechanic that wouldn’t be in. They have a wonderful shop and service area and a huge display of new BMW’s and Kawasaki’s. While loading my bike Terry Logan arrived for service on his BMW.
From June 11
He is heading for Alaska next week. Maybe I will see you on the road. Terry is from Somers, MT and told me to take Hwy 93 into Canada at Roosville. So that is where I entered British Columbia. I left Missoula a high noon and it was a great day to ride with temperatures in the upper 60 to around 80 at the warmest. The border crossing was effortless.
From Alaska Favorites
From Alaska Favorites
From June 11
Some scenery along the way.
From June 11
From Alaska Favorites
Around Polson, MT I came to a huge lake, Flat Head Lake, and part of it is on the Flat Head Indian reservation. This lake just seemed to go on forever.
From June 11
From Alaska Favorites
From Alaska Favorites
Tonight I am staying in Mountain Shadow, in Sparwood, BC. After checking in a said I don’t suppose you have Wifi and she said yes we do. Super! So first things first some Jack Daniels.
From June 11
Then to set up the tent.
From June 11
This is what my new cot looks like before assembled.
From June 11
It took several swigs of JD to get these poles in. That is the hardest job.
From June 11
Then you lay out the rest.
From June 11
From June 11
And end up with this.
From June 11
From June 11
Then I add a self inflating air mattress and my sleeping bag.
From June 11
From Alaska Favorites
And now you have a $400 bed. I will let you know tomorrow how it sleeps!
From June 11

I have now ridden 2,000 miles in 4 days with today they smallest at 271 miles. I seen more deer and elk along the way including a baby elf calf. Hoping for another good day tomorrow.

No comments: