Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 27

It rained most of the night and was still raining this morning.
From Alaska Favorites
I slept in until 6:45 AM then rolled out. I made up my mind if I could get on the Internet I was going to spend another day here. As you can tell I have Internet and it is a fast connection. So I uploaded three days of pictures and posted them to ADVrider and to my blog.

I did some maintenance work on the bike by changing the air filter. I brought an extra filter with me as I knew I would have dusty roads.
From June 27
From Alaska Favorites
These dragon flies eat mosquitoes. Wished he would have not came my way.
From Alaska Favorites
And now a new filter.
From Alaska Favorites
Ah, I breathe better already. Maybe that is why I had a hard time starting it in the 39 degree weather yesterday morning. I didn't think it was going to start. I expected the next time I hit the starter button there would be nothing but it finally fired up. Whew!
Lola is also riding in style with plastic ties holding her on. Not pretty but I think it will hold. I now have about 15 plastic ties holding various things together. Make sure you bring some with you on your next trip.
From Alaska Favorites
About noon I wandered over to the cafe for lunch but they were closed. Just breakfast and dinner I guess. I ate breakfast over there this morning and visited with a guy from Toronto, ON and he was riding a Sportster and had came through the same area I did yesterday in the snow. He was heading out this morning again. As I was walking over the cafe this flew over.
From June 27
Since I am spending the night I looked to see if there is a Catholic church in the area and yes there is and Mass is at 10AM in the morning so I will attend. I need all the help I can get heading home. I walked a block to the church.
From Alaska Favorites
From June 27
After looking at the church I walked across the street for groceries.
From June 27
I had these in my tankbag so this is lunch.
From June 27
After church tomorrow I will head towards Canada which is only 90 miles. I may go to Haines then take the ferry to Skagway then back up to the Alcan. Probably a lot depends on the weather.
I looked at my first paper today since leaving home and found some interesting tidbits in the Fairbanks news. Their length of day is now 21 hours and 40 minutes and they have had 3.68 inches of moisture this year and that is above the normal of 3.21.

No comments: