Monday, June 15, 2009

june 15

I am still at Campground Services in Watson Lake.
From Alaska Favorites
This is a wonderful place to stay. Things are much cheaper, except motels, than other places in Canada. I bought 4 quarts of oil and a large bottle of water for $25. While I was there to get the oil I also ordered an omlette. Most places are multi-purpose. Yesterday I was telling Mandeep I needed tires mounted today and he said he would do it. I bought some pita bread, a banana and two cups of ice from him since I didn't want a whole bag. I told him I wanted it for some Jack Daniels and he said that sounded good so when I came back later I brought him a mixed drink. I asked if they had 20w50w oil and he said they didn't so this morning I located some. I came back here and asked the attendant if they had something I could drain oil in and he told me where to find it. So I changed the oil and filter then went for a short ride and took some pictures at the sign posts.
From June 15
From Alaska Favorites
From Alaska Favorites
Mandeep showed up this morning limping and said he was climbing a tower about 1 AM, goofing off, and slipped and turned his ankle.
From Alaska Favorites
From Alaska Favorites
He has changed a few motorcycle tires because he made short work of mine. I took them off the bike and helped mount them, then put in dyna beads for balance. He has a Ninja. He only wanted $10 to mount them but I gave him $20 and it was still a bargain. I took it for a test ride and they sure make a lot more noise than my old ones but should work well on the gravel roads. I hope I can get 5,000 miles out of them. I will carry my old ones with me. The back only has about 4,000 miles but the front has about 9,000.
From Alaska Favorites
So if you are coming this way and like to camp I highly recommend the Good Sam Campground Services at the south side of Watson Lake. Great people and reasonable prices. Make sure you bring plenty of mosquito repellent though as they really bad up here. I will add some pictures to this later. Mandeep and I may tip a couple again tonight.

No comments: